Sunday, January 25, 2009

After the glitter and lights...

So things are finally starting to calm down around here for Julie and I. We have gotten settled into our daily routines. Sadly, we hardly get to see much of each other any more. Today we got to substitute teach the 5 year old's in primary! That was so much fun. It was really cute to see how quickly they opened up to Julie and I. We taught them about following the commandments and how they are like a map to guide us back to our heavenly father, then we had a treasure hunt with clues which were like the commandments which guided them to the treasure (CTR rings and a picture of Christ). They had some really funny comments too. The lady in sharing time was talking about families being together forever and a kid behind us raised his hand and said, "Yeah, but they wont REALLY be together forever" and we would ask the kids questions like what their last name is and they would chime in, I'm 5! Totally random cute stuff. We both got callings today too. Julie was called into to the nursery and I was called as a ward missionary. Should be kinda fun.
Here are some fun pictures from a little while ago:


William's "Jealous" moment!

Julie and I at an Orem Owls baseball game.

Oh yeah I forgot one thing... Kimball and Lora bought the first two seasons of the TV series LOST. I rolled my eyes when I was invited to watch it cause I thought it was going to be really dumb, but now im addicted! We went over there friday night and watched about 6 hours straight, then again on Saturday night. Its like one long movie that never ends!

3 comments:

  1. That's great you both have callings now. Julie, we'll have to come visit you in nursery! That's exciting. Dave, Austin's a ward missionary too, I think!

    No, you never get to expierience the glitter & lights of your wedding again, but there will be plenty of times when your love will grow and grow, and you'll feel like exploding, and WHAMO! An Explosion of Fireworks!!! Marriage is an amazing journey. Just stay close together and close to Heavenly Father. We love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David and Julie congrats on your wedding. I'm sorry I missed it. I wish I could have been more supportive that day. Good luck to you two! Feel free to check out our family blog too from time to time. The link should be on Tori and Lora's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey David & Julie too!
    I saw Jorgen's blog link off of facebook and his lead me to yours. Congratulations you two! How fun that you are married and what an adorable couple too. Sounds like you are happy and doing well. How great! Way to be. I am so happy for you and the new family you started.
    ~Ashley Allen Lanenga

    ReplyDelete